Dennis Tate's Blog on Possible Solutions to Poverty!

I personally believe that very serious misconceptions are limiting the amount of assistance and leadership that wealthy nations could extend to impoverished people all over the world. And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do: Gen 11:6 We should not let politicians convince us that nothing can be done!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Back in university as I was taking classes in economics I began to wonder, "if the forces that drive the economy are so easy to understand, why is there such a high level of unemployment here in Nova Scotia?" I could not figure out a satisfactory answer to this question until 1994 when Mr. Terriault from Digby Neck introduced me to a publication that filled in the missing pieces to the puzzle. They say that knowledge is power, and Peter Paker's uncle said that with power comes great responsibility. I am hoping to run for public office in the next provincial election. I already campaigned for the office of Municipal Councillor and I so enjoyed campaigning that I plan to get back out there on the trail soon!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Osam, my answer as to why Canada and the USA don't help refugees more. Dennis Tate


Hi Osam,

After reading quite a bit from your website I decided that I should reply to your questions as best I could and attempt to answer why Canada and the USA don't do much more to help refugees and millions of other people around the world who are enduring terrible living conditions. It seemed that the best way to do this was to start another blog.

A major aspect of what is wrong in our nations is that we have falsely defined ourselves as virtually bankrupt although in reality we are capable of producing more real wealth than ever before.

Here is an interesting article on the history of the banking system in the USA. I believe it is impossible to understand our thinking at this time without looking at the history. Some writers have asserted that Income Tax is actually an illegal tax here in Canada. If in fact the monetary policy that was visualized by the Fathers of Confederation/British North America Act was based on the Lincoln Greenback model, then they really could be onto something!

Abraham Lincoln and John F. KennedyTwo great presidents of the United States Assassinated for the cause of justice.

I'm actually considering running for member of the Nova Scotia legislature one of these years so I guess I had better post a photo of myself here while I have this compose option. This is our little girl Abby a couple of years ago. (Thank the Good LORD above that she looks like her mother)!

In a nutshell my campaign will focus around how poverty can be greatly reduced at the local level if people will realize how they do not need to wait for Prime Ministers or Presidents to do something...It is so much better to solve our problems ourselves.

Here is a link into a website about a town in Ontario that has printed their own local currency unit to attempt to stimulate the local economy.

I will leave you with a couple of concise quotations that I believe tell us a great deal about economics.

"The wealth that is in the city comes from the countryside."

I can't quite remember what book contained this statement but it is a highly worthwhile exercise to try to think of examples of physical real wealth, that are owned or consumed by occupants of urban areas, where the bulk of the raw material for these products did not originate in a rural area.

With this thought firmly in mind, is a prevailing sense of the superiority of urban culture over the rural lifestyle truly healthy for our economy?

Are wages, salaries and working conditions of rural workers usually on a par with their counterparts in the city?From my own personal experience and from what I have seen in the media my answer to these question is NO!

In my opinion, it is necessary for our politicians to have a good understanding of the productive capability of our rural areas if real and sustained economic growth is to occur.

Osam it is intriguing that you were born in Iraq, the very place where it is said that The Creator made this statement:

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." (Genesis 11:6).

In other words, given a situation where humanity has a common language and rapidly increasing technological capability, our potential economic output is theoretically almost limitless, so why don't wealthy nations do more to help the poor?

A major aspect of this question is that the average person buys into the myths that our leaders tell us.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."

I am glad to see that you are determined to educate people Osam. I have one other major link for you that I believe will help you to see how the experiment being tried in Tamworth Ontario could also perhaps be used in refugee camps.

This company, Florida Barter, is an example of how a business in North America can create their own barter currency unit and do far more business than they could if they limited themselves to a traditional busines model. I know that it will not be easy to apply these principles in the refugee communities Osam, but I am sure that if anybody can figure out a way to do it, you can!

The Eternal be with you Osam!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dennis Tate said...

I thought that I should add the link into Osam's Blog so that you have a better idea as to why I wrote this one:

The Truth warrior

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend Dennis I’ll look to link back to you on my blog also. I sent you message and I’m waiting for your reply. Have nice day.

Thank you very much
Friend4all
SAM
www.unhcr.info

11:03 AM  
Blogger Dennis Tate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Dennis Tate said...

Thank you Osam for taking a look at my blog. I think that you will especially enjoy the one on Flaws in the Canadian Monetary and Banking System:

http://bankingsystemflaws.blogspot.com/

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home